Skip to main content

Our immutable God






Life is full of changes and nothing ever stays the same. I have never liked the idea of change, because the unknown has the potential to be frightening or unsettling. When I read God’s Word, He constantly reminds me that He never changes. He is always there for us, His children. It is a wonderful truth! I came across the word immutable in my Bible reading recently. Do you know what it means? I didn't. Here it is as defined in Webster's 1990 Dictionary:
Immutable: (adj.) not capable of or susceptible to change. 
"For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, “Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.”  And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 
 For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute. Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath,  that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us. 
This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."
-Hebrews 6:13-20
I watched the lunar eclipse on Tuesday morning and was inspired by God’s majesty and creativity in creating the solar system. I had found a live stream of the event also, in case it wasn't visible here. It was interesting to see how many viewers were watching the event on Youtube. (107,099 at one point.) I wonder how many countries were represented. It seems like this will be a subject that many have on their minds, and what a great opportunity to share with people that the God who created the moon, also loves and cares for them. 
Boldness is something I desperately need, to be an effective light for Christ in this world. I need to overcome my shyness of talking with strangers. I am still learning how to do this. What is your favorite method of sharing with others about Jesus Christ? By gospel tracts, talking, blogging, or sharing Bible verses on your facebook? I would be encouraged to hear from you in the comments section below. 






Comments

Bree said…
I love your photos! I love photography too. If you follow my blog, which is christianteenauthors.blogspot.com, I will be posting some pictures soon! (And tips) Keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Photos from England

Stonehenge My dad and I went along with a tour group from the US to learn more about the history of Operation Tiger. We got to meet two American veterans who also came to England. I learned the history of Operation Tiger which I had not been aware of before. This year is the 70th Anniversary of Operation Tiger. They had a big ceremony at Slapton Sands near a tank that was recovered after the war. Exercise Tiger , or  Operation Tiger , was the code name for one in a series of large-scale rehearsals for the  D-Day  invasion of  Normandy , which took place on  Slapton Sands  or Slapton Beach in  Devon . (In late 1943) Coordination and communication problems resulted in  friendly fire  deaths during the exercise, and an Allied convoy positioning itself for the landing was attacked by  E-boats  of the German  Kriegsmarine , resulting in the deaths of 946  American   servicemen. [1] [2] [3]  The incident was under the strictest secrecy at the time due to the impending invasion,

My little sis :-)

The Best [poem]

Christ wants the best. He in the far-off ages Once claimed the firstling of the flock, the                 finest of the wheat, And still He asks His own with with gentlest pleading To lay their highest hopes and and brightest                  talents at His feet. He'll not forget the feeblest service,                humblest love; He only asks that of our store we give to Him                The best we have. Christ gives the best. He takes the hearts we offer; And fills them with His glorious beauty,                joy and peace; And in His service as we're growing stronger, The calls to great achievements still increase. The richest gifts for us on earth, or in                 the heavens above, Are hid in Christ. In Jesus we receive                  The best we have. And is our best too much? O friend, let us                 remember  How once our Lord poured out His soul for us, And in the prime of Hi